2 sweet potatoes
1/2 cup diced onions2 garlic cloves, minced or pressed
1/2 minced fresh green chile
2 tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. ground coriander
1 can black beans (15-oz., rinsed &drained)
1/4 C. lightly packed cilantro leaves - chopped - optional
1 T. lemon juice
4 six-inch flour tortillas
tomato salsa for topping
- Pierce the sweet potatoes several times with a fork, then microwave on high for 6-8 minutes or until a fork goes in easily. Let them cool a bit.
- Saute the diced onions and garlic in 1-2 tsp olive oil
- scoop out the potato flesh into a bowl, add the beans and mash together.
- Stir in the spices, lemon juice and cilantro if using
- Warm the tortillas in the microwave (wrap in a towel and heat on high for 30-60 second)
- place 1/4 cup or so of filling in tortilla and roll up.
- Place filled tortillas in a casserole or baking dish, cover with a damp towel (paper or cotton), then plastic wrap (or the dish's cover if it has one) and microwave on 70-80% power for 5 minutes or until heated through/
I served these with cucumber and radish salad: peel cukes and slice thinly. Slice radishes thinly. Dress with plain non-fat Greek yogurt, dried dill, salt & pepper to taste.