Bought a cheese pumpkin.
Looked a lot like this.
Leonard cut it in half for me (horizontally!) . We scooped out the seeds and put it cut side down on a lined rimmed baking sheet. Baked it at 400 F for about an hour, till it was easily pierced with a fork.
Scooped out the "flesh". Discarded the skin. Put it into the food processor in batches and pureed it. Then put it in 1-2 cup portions in ziplock bags and froze it. Total = 12 cups.
Tonight I used the first 2 cup batch to make Pumpkin Soup.
Ingedients - 3 Servings
1 tblspn butter
1/2 a small onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp snipped fresh rosemary (use kitchen scissors to snip into little bits - leaves only)
1/4 tsp dried sage powder
salt & pepper to taste
about 2 cups pumpkin puree
2 cups vegetable broth
1 tblspoon Vegetarian Worchestershire sauce
1 slice good bread
1-2 Tblspns shaved parmesean cheese
- melt butter in a heavy pot
- add onion & garlic & snipped sage and cook over medium high heat until onions are soft and beginning to brown
- add pumpkin, broth, sage, s&p, & worchestershire and cook about 20 minutes until flavors blend.
- toast the bread and cut into croutons
- Serve soup topped with croutons & shaved parmesean