What to make? Strata
How I did it:
- Diced the red onion, sliced the mushrooms, sauteed them in 1 tablespoon olive oil till starting to brown
- chopped the broccoli - smallish pieces. steamed it till bright green and still a little crisp and mixed it with the onions & mushrooms and added 1 tsp Annie's Organic Vegan Worcestershire sauce
- cut the bread into cubes
- grated 1 1/4 cups low fat cheddar and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- sprayed a large shallow casserole dish with Olive oil cooking spray, then layered: 1/2 bread, 1/2 veggies, 1/2 cheese - repeat
- Whisked 1 3/4 cups almond milk, 6 eggs, 1 1/2 tablespoons Annie's Organic Dijon mustard, and a little more Worcestershire sauce, then poured that over the bread and veggies.
- Put in the fridge for about 5 hours, then baked at 350F for 1 hour
Result: "Tastes like dinner and dessert at the same time"
I don't know what that means - but the strata was good.