Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Day 36:Broccoli, Mushroom, Onion Strata

Family Dinner - the whole family is here tonight.
I started with this recipe
http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipes/1862
But I only had half a package of portobello mushroom slices and I did not have any asparagus or goat cheese. I did, however, have some freshly dried sage from the Thanksgiving CSA share and lots of broccoli in the freezer, so I substituted broccoli for the asparagus and used cheddar cheese. I also only had 6 eggs, so I cut everything else down to about 2/3 . Final result was pretty tasty - there are no leftovers. Next time I would up the mustard and sage though. I served it with some packaged vegan mushroom gravy and a Waldorf Salad (a family favorite: apples, grapes, celery, raisins, dates, cheddar cheese cubes - usually add dried apricots but did not have any - used plain Greek yogurt for the "dressing".

No comments:

Post a Comment