Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Day 129: Orichette with Spinach

I could eat pasta EVERYDAY - can you tell?
Tonight, I chopped an onion and a couple of cloves of garlic and cooked them in about a tablespoon of olive oil until they were soft, then added 6-8 cups of fresh baby spinach and cooked that down

 I cooked up half a box or so of whole wheat orichette pasta

 Chopped a handful of Calamata olives, a handful of sun dried tomatoes (soaked in hot water first for about 5 minutes), crumbled about 4 oz of fat free Feta cheese
 Then, I mixed everything together, and served it with a little extra fresh-grated Parmesan cheese


I made a salad of chick peas, carrotts, green pepper and scallions (because that is what was in the refrigerator) and tossed that with Newman's Own Light Balsamic Vinegrette

Yum, Yum, Yum

No comments:

Post a Comment