Friday, April 1, 2011

Day 121: Vegetable Lasagna

I used Barilla's new "No Boiling Required" "Rolled Flat Like Homemade" Lasagna noodles and Jersey Fresh sauce from a jar to make this easy (easy is important lately because my RA is flaring). I foolowed the instructions on the box for time and temperature for baking. For vegetables, I used onions, carrots, zucchini and fresh spinach. I sauteed the veggies in a little olive oil until they started to soften. I made three layers - ricotta, mozzarella and Parmesan in two of them, cheeses plus vegetables in the middle. I baked this one in the oven (note the metal pan - sometimes when I am in a rush, I use a glass dish and microwave it - baking is better). Note - you have to cover the dish tightly with foil for the fist 45 minutes when you use the no-boil noodles. I spray the inside of the foil with olive oil cooking spray to keep it from sticking to the lasagna. The result was very tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment