Thursday, April 14, 2011

Day 131: Polenta, Veggies & Feta

I find polenta very comforting. When I am not feeling well, I want to be comforted, hence, polenta for dinner tonight.


 I haven't been to the grocery store in a while, but when I looked in the vegetable keeper, here is what I found:
1 broccoli stalk
1 small zucchini
1/2 a large green pepper
a little bit (maybe 2 c) of fresh baby spinach leaves
So I put a chopped onion, 2 cloves of chopped garlic and about a teaspoon of Israeli olive oil (what else?) in a pot, let it cook a few minutes, while I chopped the other vegetables, then put them in too
 I added a handful of quartered Calamata olives - of course!
 Then 2/3 of a container of crumbled Feta cheese
 I boiled some water and cooked up some instant polenta, added 1 tablespoon of butter and about 1/4 c freshly grated Parmesan
 I put some polenta on the plate, topped it with the veggies and served it with a side of canned chick peas heated up with some leftover pasta sauce.  Result: quick, comforting and tasty - all food groups covered - relatively low fat - some fiber - complimentary proteins - dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment