Friday, April 22, 2011

Day 134: Passover Seder on the road

The Locale: 
The Clinton Carriage House in Clinton, NY - down the hill from Hamilton College.
A wonderful place with a full kitchen, a nice table and lots of room..
 The Equipment:
I bought a cutting board, mixing bowls, dinner & salad plates and soup bowls from Preserve
They are made from 100% recycled #6 plastic
I packed the plastic Seder plate Dan made in Hebrew school many years ago, our Elijah's cup and our Miriam's cup,and the charoset bowl, the matzoh cover that Sarah made in Hebrew School and the Afikomen bag that Dan made, a table cloth and napkins, and a set of small silver candlesticks (+candles). I also packed my cheesecake pan, my skillet and my vegetable steamer.
 I followed the Rabbi's directions to Kasher their flatware and we used the wine glasses that were there.




The Menu*
Eggplant Dip with Celery
Spiced Honey Nuts
Steamed Asparagus & Hard Boiled Eggs with Horseradish Sauce
"Not" Chicken Soup with Matzoh Balls
Spring Mix with Strawberries, Blueberries, Pecans, Olive oil & Balsamic vinegar
Spring Vegetable Risotto
Passover Cheesecake
Chocolate Matzoh Crunch
*Warning & Disclaimer: As vegetarians, with no family traditions to follow, we eat rice & beans on Passover





No comments:

Post a Comment