Saturday, January 22, 2011

Day 65: Vegetable Lasagna

Vegetable Lasagna
I had some organic zucchini  and spinach and a container of organic Ricotta cheese, and a box of no-bake lasagna noodles left over from Thanksgiving because I bought two boxes and only needed one. So here's what I did.
I sliced 2 zucchini into rounds, sliced a couple of carrots on the diagonal and sauteed them in about a teaspoon of olive oil till they were getting tender, then added about 3 cups of baby spinach and cooked until that was nicely wilted.


I used sauce from a jar - Jersey Fresh. I covered the bottom of the dish with sauce. I used a dish that was quite a bit bigger than the noodles - as directed on the box - and the noodles expanded to fill the dish-and cooked up nice and soft.

I mixed the container of Ricotta cheese with 1 egg and some basil and oregano (about 1 tsp each - dried)
I grated some Parmesan and an 8 oz block of mozzarrella cheese (part-skim).
Then I layered as follows: Sauce, three noodles, about 1/4 cup Ricotta over each noodle, 3 noodles, sauce, all the vegetables, grated mozzerella and Parmesan, 3 noodles, 1/4 cup Ricotta over each noodle, 3 noodles, sauce, the rest of the mozzerella and Parmesan
I baked it - covered with foil (I spray the inside of the foil with olive oil cooking spray so it doesn't stick to the cheese) at 350F for 30 minutes, then removed the foil and baked another 15 minutes.
The vegetable mix was good - the result was very tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment