Thursday, March 17, 2011

Day 112: Kale Colcannon and White Beans with Onions

I wanted to make something for St. Patrick's Day, and Corned beef is not an option, so I made Colcannon. Lots of Colcannon recipes use cabbage, but I prefer Kale and there happened to be some lovely looking Kale at the grocery store, so I made it with Kale. Since we don't eat corned beef, and D. asked, "Where is the protein?" I made some white beans with onions, garlic, and a splash of white wine vinegar to go along with the potatoes and kale. Our second course was Kerry Gold cheddar cheese with apples and some Irish Soda Bread.

I boiled and mashed some Idaho potatoes with butter, salt, pepper and soy milk. I chopped up a bunch of kale and cooked it in a heavy fry pan with some water and salt & pepper. then I mixed the two together. for the beans, I chopped a yellow onion and a couple of cloves of garlic, sauteed them in a little olive oil, then mixed with the beans, some salt and pepper and a splash of white wine vinegar.




No comments:

Post a Comment