Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Day 103: Pasta with Cauliflower, White Beans & Ricotta

I started with this recipe.

I had never roasted chic peas before, but it worked out fine. Roasted the chic peas with the cauliflower and some olive oil (I cut the oil to 2 tblsp ) at 450 about 25 minutes - stirring several times - until the cauliflower was browned. Baked the bread cubes on a separate baking sheet for 5 minutes at the same temperature. I cooked the shells in boiling water and when they were done, mixed them with the roasted cauliflower and chic peas, some pasta water, and about 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley (fresh parsley gives such a wonderful flavor). I set out the croutons, grated Parmesan cheese and ricotta and let everyone top their own pasta. This was wonderful - I will certainly make this dish again.




No comments:

Post a Comment