Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Day 108: South Carolina Trip Day 1

South Carolina Trip Day 1:
Lunch on the road. I had some zucchini and red onion I didn't want to leave in the refrigerator to rot (I blanched a head of broccoli and some leftover cauliflower and threw them in the freezer) so I pulled out the George Foreman Grill. I cut the zucchini in half and sliced them thickly lengthwise, tossed the slices with olive oil, salt & pepper and grilled them on the Foreman grill till they had grill marks and were tender. I sliced the red onion thickly and did the same with that. I had some leftover fresh mozzarella from the spinach pizza and some pita bread in the freezer. I tossed the veggies with some balsamic vinegar and put them in a plastic container, sliced the cheese and wrapped it separately and kept the pita in its own bag. When we stopped in North Carolina (where it was WARM enough to picnic!), we put everything together to make some lovely sandwiches. We had a spinach salad too - because there was also spinach in the fridge before we left.
Dinner: Panera Bread. I had my favorite (though not the lowest calorie option), the mozzarella and tomato Pannini and Vegetarian Creamy Tomato Soup. Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment