Monday, February 7, 2011

Day 88: Super Duper Super Bowl Pizza


We are generally not among the 20 million Americans who attend a Super Bowl Party, but I made us a pretty nice pizza to eat while watching the game - well L. watched the game, I was actually doing other things, football holds little interest for me.
Super Duper Pizza
1 Bobli thin crust (or crust of your choice)
1/4 cup or so of pesto (I used the last bit of frozen basil pesto from the summer)
 A hand full of baby spinach leaves
1 small zucchini
1/4 red onion
1/2 red bell pepper
6 Calamata olives - quartered
10 sun dried tomato halves - slivered
low fat feta cheese - about a cup crumbled

I cut the zucchini in half, then sliced each half lengthwise into 1/4 inch strips
I cut the red pepper into 3 strips & the onion into 2 inch pieces
I sprayed the George Foreman Grill with olive oil spray and grilled the vegetables in two batches, then chopped them into bite sized pieces and mixed them with the olives and tomatoes.
I spread the pesto over the crust, spread the spinach on top of that, topped the spinach with the roasted vegetable/olive/tomato mix and sprinkled the cheese over the top.
8 minutes at 450 F
We had this with a salad of romaine, sliced pears, toasted walnuts, and more feta.

No comments:

Post a Comment