Sunday, February 20, 2011

Day 98: Eggs with onions, peppers, zucchinni & cheese

This is the way my Fridays have been going lately, home from work sometime between 5 and 6 pm, then a scramble to get something on the table for dinner so we can get to synagogue by 7:30. I don't like the rushed feeling and I'm hoping to make a change in my schedule so we can have a more relaxed start to Shabbat. This week I made a quick dish of a diced onion, one zucchini cubed, 1/2 a red pepper cut into small strips, sauteed in a little olive oil, topped with 5 eggs beaten with a little soy milk. When the eggs were set, I sprinkled some cheddar cheese on top and let that melt. We had that with Morningstar Farms breakfast sausage patties and Rye bread toast. Not fancy, but quick, tasty and filling.

No comments:

Post a Comment