Monday, February 7, 2011

Day 89: Stuffed Potatoes


An old favorite. Tonight's batch was a slight variation on the usual because I had no dill and I have switched to a vegan mayonnaise. Here's what I did tonight (made a big batch so there will be leftovers for lunch. My rule is always make a big batch of whatever you are making, leftovers are always good).

5 baking potatoes - I cooked them in the microwave because it is faster - but if you have the time, you can bake them in the oven. Then cut each one in half and scoop out the potato into a big bowl. Save the skins and try to keep them intact - leave a little potato on them if you need to.
Add to the potatoes in the bowl: 1/4 c mayonnaise + 1 cup or so of non-fat cottage cheese (you can use regular)
and mash this up with a potato masher.
Then add: 2-3 tsp mustard (I used 2 tsp spicy honey and 1 tsp Dijon), 1 tablespoon dill or parsley (I used parsley tonight), about 1 cup of grated cheddar cheese (I used low fat) - mix it all up and put it back into the potato skins. Sprinkle each half with a little paprika.
Bake at 375 for 20-30 minutes or so - or heat in the microwave at 70% power for 5-10 minutes
Tonight, I baked them on my pizza stone and they came out very nice - a little crispy on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment