Saturday, July 9, 2011

Pan Fried Tofu topped with Spinach & cheese

Another dinner made from ingredients in a CSA box from earlier this season.
Aren't vegetables beautiful?
 I used 1 block of organic, extra-firm tofu. I cut the block in half length wise, then cut each half into four pieces width wise. I dredged the tofu in ww flour, then dipped it in soy milk, then breadcrumbs, then pan fried it in about 1 tablespoon of olive oil until it was nice and golden brown on both sides. Placed the browned pieces in a rectangular baking pan.
 I sauteed a chopped yellow onion, then added one bunch of chopped spinach, cooked till wilted, added about 1/3 cup chopped sun-dried tomato and cooked till everything was heated through.

 I had a bit of mozerella cheese - grated that and some parmesean. Topped the tofu with the shredded mozzarella cheese, then spread the spinach mixture over that and topped with grated Parmesan. I put the pan in a 350 degree oven just long enough to melt the cheeses.
 
 I cooked some asparagus on the grill. Toss them with a little olive oil salt & pepper, lay them on a grill rack and watch them closely - if they stay on the grill too long they get dried out or stringy.
I transferred the topped tofu to a platter.
 Pasta with leftover sauce for a side dish
Lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment