Sunday, July 17, 2011

Quick Skillet Supper

Came home from work, fell asleep on the couch, now it's late and we're hungry -so I rough chopped a red onion and started it cooking in 2 tsp olive oil while I sliced a couple of zucchini
Threw the zucchini in to start cooking while I sliced three little yellow summer squash and cut a green pepper into 3/4" pieces 
Threw the yellow squash and peppers in with the rest of the veggies and stirred over medium high heat - while I opened a can of chick peas and quartered a handful of Calamata olives
When the onions were soft and the squash was soft but not mushy, I added the chick peas and olives and heated everything through
Last addition - about 3/4 cup of crumbled Feta Cheese and some shredded fresh green and purple basil.
Total time < 30 minutes.
Served this with leftover mashed potatoes, warm pita bread and hummus.



No comments:

Post a Comment