Saturday, July 9, 2011

Spinach Salad with Feta & Pecans

The perfect Lunch or Supper Salad
Made this from the contents of one of the first CSA share boxes this season - right out of the box - lovely spinach that was so fresh it was just perfect for a salad - we used some Romaine lettuce too, because we like a LOT of salad, and strawberries just out of the field (I am so sorry that strawberry season is over and I didn't get to a big batch to freeze like I did last year - and I think I will be even sorrier in November when there are no strawberries in my freezer!)
Pecans have just the right crunch match to compliment strawberries and spinach, don't you think?
And a little feta cheese to liven things up. I do love Feta Cheese.
We dressed this with a little olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
Here's another shot, because it is so pretty!

No comments:

Post a Comment