Saturday, July 9, 2011

Pasta with Greens, Herbs & Feta

The CSA box has been full of lettuce the past couple of weeks. Lettuce is wonderful, but D. was away for the week and three heads of lettuce is a lot of salad for two people to eat , so I cooked up the Romaine into this modified version of Molly Katzen's Pasta with Greens & Feta.
 I washed and chopped the Romaine ( I triple wash all my greens the same way I do the spinach (see Tofu topped with Spinach and sun dried tomatoes). I think Romaine lettuce has a wonderful flavor when sauteed lightly. Mollie Katzen uses it with Spinach in her recipe, but I decided to let the Romaine solo here.
 Went out on the deck and picked some oregano
 and purple basil
 I sauteed some onions in about 2 tsp olive oil, then added the lettuce and cooked it till it was wilted but still had a little crunch at the center.


 Then I threw in some Feta cheese
 Tossed the veggies with the pasta and some pasta cooking water
 and topped with freshly grated Parmesan

Very simple, quick and easy supper with wonderful flavors.

No comments:

Post a Comment